Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Veggie Project: Sweet potato spice latte cupcakes

So, I was trying to decide what recipe to post this week. I have a few. Things with tofu. Things with vegetables. Things with beans. And then I thought, Nah. Let them eat cake. Because no matter how many high fibre, vitamin-rich, green, healthy concoctions I feed you, occasionally dessert is in order. So this week there will be cake.



These cupcakes are based on BEB's Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes, which in turn are inspired by a seasonal Starbucks drink, the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Because, let's face it, Starbucks is actually 50% cake. Pumpkin is hard to come by in Norway, and in some ways I like sweet potatoes better. And although my philosophy on dessert is usually, the more chocolate the better, I think moist, spicy, smooth cupcakes with a pile of whip cream frosting are almost as good. And there's veggies in them!

Serving tip: Invite friends over when you bake these, so you don't eat them all yourself.

Small typo here: the tablespoon of espresso powder should be mixed in with the potato purée/sugar mixture.


Enjoy!

- The Wild Bazilchuk

1 comment:

  1. Do these taste a lot like sweet potato? I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes in general, but they might be okay in baked goods. Also, what is espresso powder? Just ground espresso?

    ReplyDelete